We are looking for 4 enthusiastic individuals to become contracted Race Night Managers. Want to spend one of your weeknights at the velodrome for the whole season? You can apply for the Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday Night positions. Each night has its own quirks but what is listed below is the general position:
– Arriving 2 hours early
– Confirm/cancel racing depending on weather with Program Director
– Set Up/Takedown of building, signage, officials equipment, registration area, infield facilities, stadium lights, and water coolers.
– Checking track is clear of debris
– Running(assisting) the registration process, helping create heats/riding groups (if needed) and balancing the till at the end of the night
– Coordinating with volunteers, officials, EMT, VIP’s, sponsors, and park personnel as needed
– Watch racing (enjoy the weather!)
– Complete end of night paperwork, and insurance paperwork (as needed)
– Be the last one to leave
Additional Friday Night responsibilities include: showing up earlier, moving the beer cart, cleaning the beer cart, hanging up banners, collecting gate money, collecting premes, coordination Kiddie Kilo, handing out premes and race winnings.
Please send an email to Amara Edwards (email@example.com) with your qualifications and your availability for one or more of the race night manager positions. By applying for one of these positions you are taking into account that racing happens every week and that you are responsible for being there every night (or providing a suitable replacement).