Madisons at JBMV are changing! We all know that the Madison is one of the most exciting and complex events on the track, and we want to do even more to make this even safe and fun at our track. With that in mind, we’re instituting a new Madison training series on Monday nights, which will function as a qualifier for Madison racing under the lights on Friday nights. Feel free to send us feedback at email@example.com.
- Madisons at Friday Night Racing are open to any Cat 1/2 with Madison experience and any Cat 3 that is a successful graduate of the Madison Monday training series.
- Madison Monday training will involve an instruction period, a “non-race” Madison, and two “race” Madisons. Instruction and racing will be facilitated by experienced Madison mentors.
- Madison Monday will have a reduced entry fee of $15.
- Learning riders will be paired with experienced mentors, who will teach the essentials of the Madison.
- A gear restriction of 86″ will be in effect on Madison Mondays
- At the end of the evening, mentors and officials will meet to determine which riders have qualified for Friday Night Madison, and which riders need more time to develop at Monday Night Madisons.
- Riders at or above Cat 4 are welcome to attend Monday Night Madisons. Beginners, intermediates, and experts can come out to learn and race, there is no obligation to move up to Friday nights.
- Friday Night Madison participation from riders who live outside of the Seattle area will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the promoter, dependent on demonstrating previous safe Madison experience at a high level.