The Jerry Baker Memorial Velodrome needs volunteers! We are seeking community members that have an interest in broadcasting, live streaming hardware and software, and/or sports coverage.
Many of you are aware that we started live streaming racing last season. The MVA leadership is hoping to expand our reach by offering more consistent, high-quality live streaming services over Facebook Live and YouTube, and we need volunteers to help make this happen.
All volunteers will be trained on the how to use the equipment and software. No previous experience is required!
Summary of duties/responsibilities of volunteer:
· Weekly attendance at Friday Night Racing, every Friday night from roughly 6:15 PM to 10:30, with weekly races May 24th August 30th
· Assisting with hardware setup (monitor and peripherals moved to location, connective cables for broadcast prepared)
· Preparing scenes for broadcast with name of each race for the night, including any other important information for viewers
· Prepping and changing scenes for the duration of the event (estimated 7:00 PM – 10:30 PM), including switching between cameras for different view points
· Monitoring stream, writing responses to questions/comments, ensuring quality for viewers
· Assisting with breakdown of all materials (10:30 PM)
· Attendance at extra events would also be great – special events May 17-18, May 24-25, June 22, July 19-20 and August 16-17
We know this is a significant time commitment! Even partial assistance/volunteering would make such a difference for our community. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
The Marymoor Velodrome Association