Fridays 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM (June-Aug)
All riders of any skill level can show up - these sessions are great for younger riders fresh out of the Jerry Baker Juniors class and looking for more time on the bike. Get helpful pointers, review safety/rules, run some fun drills, all with the assistance of helpful Velodrome staff!
Cost = FREE!
Jerry Baker Juniors Team
Thurs 4:30-6PM, Saturdays 4-6PM (Apr-Aug)
Ready to start racing juniors and adult categories? Consider joining the junior team! Juniors must complete the junior camp or adult class prior to joining the team. SEE BELOW for details and cost. Scholarships are available through the Jerry Baker Development Fund.
Cost = $250
Junior Nationals Training
For those juniors looking to go to nationals this is an additional training session. Tuesday training starts in April and continues until Nationals. You must be racing at nationals to attend. Registration is $150 per junior. Scholarships available via the JB Dev Fund.
Cost = $150
Jerry Baker Racing Team
The Jerry Baker Juniors Racing Team is THE track racing squad in the Pacific Northwest for young riders looking to advance their racing career, compete on the national level, and have lots of fun along the way. Joining the team includes a number of awesome benefits:
- On-track training from April-August on Thursdays (4:30-6pm) and Saturdays (4-6pm)
- Offseason team building activities
- Winter Training (available for additional cost)
- $100 worth of team clothing
- Coaching at all Junior Events (local, regional & nationals)
- E-pacing Access
- Rental Bikes and Take-Home Rentals Access
- JBMV Equipment and Gear (tools, wheels, shoes, etc)
Joining the team costs $250 per junior per year and includes everything listed above, plus you get the priceless honor of being part of the Jerry Baker squad and having the Velodrome's support!
You can also join the team on a monthly basis for $50 a month(joining mid-season), however you will be responsible for purchasing your own team kit or waiting until next year.
Scholarships are available through the Jerry Baker Development Fund.
Team members will be expected to represent our track and our values. This includes:
- Demonstrating respect for the sport, themselves, and other racers
- Racing with integrity
- Giving back to the cycling community
Please note: additional junior clothing can be purchased. More information available soon.
Interested? Contact Amara today!
Nationals Training Group Info (Cost - $150):
- January Burnaby Camp track rental fee included
- 2x a week Build Indoor Training included (Wednesday and Saturday afternoon sessions)
- Nationals-only Training Session (Tuesday 4:30-6pm)
- Two Coaches at Nationals
On the JB Juniors and in the National Group? Check out these bonuses!?!?
- Upgrades free clothing level to Skinsuit
- Vision Wheelsets for big events
- First dibs on take-home rental bikes and gear
Monday Night Racing
Monday night racing is the workhorse of our racing schedule! Mondays host Sprinters, Beginner Men and Women, and of course the Junior riders. This is typically where our junior riders come weekly to develop racing skills, work on their race awareness, and build speed while competing against their peers.
Weeknight racing requires registration and race fees - check out the dedicated page for Monday Night Racing to learn more.